Canon Medical Systems is rolling out enhancements to its Celesteion PET/CT system. The new software, which is available for new and existing Celesteion PET/CT systems, includes a wide range of new acquisition and reconstruction techniques, including:
Below are the new acquisition techniques:
- Variable bed time (vBT): Enables clinicians to adjust scan times and acquisition mode per bed position for optimal results, including faster exams.
- PET respiratory gating: Incorporates Respiratory Gating into whole body PET scans to help avoid extra scans and reduce the dose.
- PET ECG gated scanning: Offers clinicians the ability to perform PET ECG phase image reconstruction scans.
The new reconstruction techniques include:
- Clear Adaptive Low-noise Method (CaLM) +PSF: Delivers improved PET image quality by filtering out noise while maintaining contrast, offering clarity while preserving detail in the image as compared to Local Means Filtering.
- Single Energy Metal Artifact Reduction (SEMAR): Utilizes a reconstruction technique to reduce metallic artifact, improving visualization of implants, and supporting bone and the adjacent soft tissues.
“We’ve received positive customer feedback from the Celesteion PET/CT System and the new software enhancements are our way of delivering fresh, innovative solutions to help our customers further improve workflow and image quality on a system that is known for delivering a more comfortable patient experience,” says Dominic Smith, senior director, CT, PET/CT, and MR Business Units.