Six imaging providers in Massachussetts, Arizona, and Nevada are among the first nationwide to successfully complete RadSite’s newly developed Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA) Accreditation Program (MAP). RadSite was recently selected by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as an official accreditation organization.
The 6 centers had to meet the evaluating committee’s standards to qualify for a 3-year accreditation period, during which they may bill Medicare for CT, MRI, PET and SPECT imaging procedures. According to RadSite the application process is meant to be collaborative, with RadSite taking the opportunity to share best practices with applicants to help improve clinical outcomes.
“RadSite’s MIPPA Accreditation Program was very straightforward and educational for those involved in the process,” said Christina Burkhart, director of operations at Nevada Imaging Centers. “Everyone at our facility was impressed with the RadSite representatives’ willingness to go out of their way to help us through the application process.”
The following imaging centers earned MAP recognition from RadSite:
- Alliance MRI Norton, Norton, MA — Accredited for MRI
- Nevada Imaging Centers-Siena, Henderson, NV — Accredited for CT and MRI
- Nevada Imaging Centers-Spring Valley, Las Vegas, NV — Accredited for MRI
- PET Scan Arizona-Peoria, Peoria, AZ — Accredited for PET
- PET Scan Arizona-Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ — Accredited for PET
- West Suburban Imaging, Wellesley, MA — Accredited for CT and MRI
For more information on the MIPPA Accreditation Program, visit RadSite.