National radiology practice Radiology Partners (RP) has unveiled a newly designed Office of the Chief Medical Officer including the promotion of 13 radiologist leaders, all of whom will serve in associate chief medical officer leadership roles for the practice.
As senior executives within the practice, members of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer will advance RP’s mission to transform radiology through key portfolios including: operations, integrations, communications and health policy, clinical artificial intelligence, clinical technology and data, radiologist experience, clinical value, research and education, recruitment, and growth.
“Establishing a radiologist-led Office of the Chief Medical Officer is an exciting step that will further amplify the voices of radiologist leaders both internally and externally,” says Rich Whitney, RP chairman and CEO. “This step-function increase in investment in radiologist leadership is reflective of our core values and represents continued progress on our journey building a transformative radiology practice that is delivering clinical value to our patients and the healthcare system overall.”
RP’s Office of the Chief Medical Officer includes:
- Frank Castellano, MD, Dr. James Lyons, MD, and Rajeev Shah, MD, MBA, will serve as the associate CMOs for clinical operations for the Midwest, West and Southeast Regions, respectively.
- Byron Christie, MD, and Syed Zaidi, MD, will serve as associate CMOs for integration.
- Richard Heller, MD, MBA, will serve as the associate CMO for communications and health policy.
- Nina Kottler, MD, MS, will serve as associate CMO for clinical artificial intelligence.
- Vikram Krishnasetty, MD, will serve as associate CMO of clinical technology and data.
- Chris Mattern, MD, will serve as associate CMO for radiologist experience.
- Krishna Nallamshetty, MD, will serve as associate CMO for clinical value.
- Eric Rohren, MD, PhD, will serve as associate CMO for research and education.
- Arthy Saravanan, MD, will serve as associate CMO for recruitment.
- Gavin Slethaug, MD, will serve as associate CMO for growth.
Rodney Owen, MD, a radiologist with Southwest Medical Imaging (SMIL) in Arizona and a Radiology Partners board member, noted that, “Physician leadership is central in Radiology Partners culture. We believe that radiologist leadership will help transform radiology and thereby promote positive change in healthcare more broadly.”