Carestream Health will highlight its medical imaging technologies at the largest radiology meeting in Europe—the virtual European Congress of Radiology (ECR), beginning on March 3.
“Our year is off to a great start with the launch of our first glass-free detector for medical imaging. The Carestream Lux 35 Detector is ergonomically designed to ease stress on radiographers and improve patient comfort,” says Michele Ferrarese, Europe cluster sales general manager at Carestream. “Along with ImageView Software with artificial intelligence and smart features, our product portfolio significantly contributes to improved end-user workflow and image quality.”
Carestream’s medical imaging solutions highlighted at ECR 2021 include:
- ImageView Software with artificial intelligence (AI) and smart features, included on the flexible, scalable Carestream DRX-Compass X-ray System. Powered by the Eclipse engine, ImageView utilizes proprietary algorithms to increase the value of the entire imaging chain, from capture to diagnosis.
- The Carestream Lux 35 Detector, a lightweight glass-free detector for medical imaging. Weighing just under 2.13 kg without the battery, the Lux 35 is Carestream’s lightest detector to date, making it simpler for technologists to transport and perform beside exams. Its ergonomic design enables easier handling and patient positioning.
- Smart Noise Cancellation Software that uses AI with deep learning algorithms to remove (or cancel) noise and produce images that are clearer than with standard processing. It provides improved anatomy clarity for images acquired at a broad range of exposures and enables customers to better optimize radiation dose. This software is pending U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance.
- The DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray System that provides fast digital radiography imaging for patients at the bedside and includes higher security features, noiseless navigation, functional LED lighting, and in-bin detector charging.
- The DRX-Revolution Nano Mobile X-ray System that utilizes carbon nano tube (CNT) technology and provides high-quality digital radiography images for patients in tight spaces where size and maneuverability are critical. With a small footprint, the portable, nonmotorized DRX-Revolution Nano is suitable for chest, intensive care, orthopedic, and pediatric imaging.
- The Focus 35C and 43C Detectors which, together with Image Suite software, provide a retrofit solution that transforms an existing analog x-ray room into a digital one. Designed for smaller facilities, the cesium iodide detectors increase productivity while supporting a higher standard of care.
- The DRX-Transportable System/Lite that enables healthcare providers to upgrade or transition existing room or mobile computed radiography systems to digital radiography. This solution features a lightweight wireless tablet that allows for the capture and viewing of images at the point of patient care.
Carestream’s medical imaging portfolio can be seen 24/7 in its Virtual Hospital, an interactive platform where healthcare professionals can learn about the company’s medical imaging products and see them in an environment that closely mirrors a medical imaging facility.
“Carestream is committed to innovation,” Ferrarese says. “Our R&D team is focused on incorporating the voice of customer as we leverage AI technologies to provide enhanced, quantifiable benefits to patients and providers.”