The American College of Radiology (ACR) Radiology Leadership Institute (RLI) has awarded 10 scholarships to radiology residents and fellows to attend the 2019 RLI Leadership Summit. The RLI is dedicated to providing leadership and business management training opportunities for radiologists at all stages of their careers.
The RLI Summit agenda features case study reviews, as well as plenary and breakout sessions designed to provide attendees with advanced understanding of the challenges facing healthcare and radiology today.
The 2019 scholarship recipients are:
• Matthew Alvin, MD, MBA, MS, MA – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore
• Jennifer Buckley, MD –University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
• Ariadne DeSimone, MD, MPH – Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston
• Ruth Gershon, MD – University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.
• Zachary Jeng, MD – Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
• Olga Laur, MD – Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston
• Parthiv Mehta, MD – Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Mass.
• Anna Trofimova, MD, PhD – Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
• Ross Varma, MD – Mount Sinai West, New York
• Kevin Yuqi Wang, MD – Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
“The Radiology Leadership Institute is proud to award these scholarships to this outstanding group of radiology residents and fellows,” says Frank Lexa, MD, MBA, FACR, chief medical officer, RLI. “These promising young radiologists will receive intense, immersive training to build leadership skills that will help them succeed in a rapidly changing health care environment.”
Registration for the eighth annual RLI Summit, which takes place from September 6-8 in Wellesley, Mass., is now open.