Strong preparation efforts have meant success for a majority of JCAHO-accredited diagnostic imaging centers.
The most challenging areas identified during 2002 surveys of ambulatory care facilities that would be applicable for diagnostic imaging involved:
- assessing staff abilities to fulfill job expectations (JCAHO standard HR.5);
- using ongoing data collection about staff competence patterns and trends to respond to staffing needs (JCAHO standard HR.4.2);
- implementing the organization’s safety plan (JCAHO standard EC.2.1);
- using appropriate techniques to analyze and display data (JCAHO standard PI.4.1);
- conducting quality control checks on each procedure as identified by the organization (JCAHO standard PI.1.15); and
- systematically aggregating and analyzing data on an ongoing basis (JCAHO standard PI.4).