The Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) recognized 17 new SNMMI Fellows on Monday, June 14, during a plenary session at the society’s 2021 Annual Meeting, held virtually from June 11-15. The SNMMI Fellowship was established in 2016 to recognize distinguished service to the society as well as exceptional achievement in the field of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. It is among the most prestigious formal recognitions available to long-time SNMMI members.
All past SNMMI presidents were granted Fellowship at the 2016 Annual Meeting. Now SNMMI’s 2020-21 president, Alan Packard, PhD, Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, has joined their ranks. Also recognized were:
- Anca Avram, MD, FACNM, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor,
- Twyla Bartel, DO, MBA, FACNM, Global Advanced Imaging, PLLC, Little Rock, Ark.
- Wengen Chen, MD, PhD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Cathy Sue Cutler, PhD, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York
- Eric Frey, PhD, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore
- Roger Howell, PhD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, N.J.
- Robert Mach, PhD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia,
- David A. Mankoff, MD, PhD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia,
- Darlene Metter, MD, FACR, FACNM, UT Health San Antonio, Texas
- Helen Nadel, MD, FRCPC, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Julie Price, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Buck Rogers, PhD, Washington University in St. Louis
- Heiko Schöder, MD, MBA, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City
- Peter Scott, PhD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Neil Vasdev, PhD, CAMH Research Imaging Centre, Toronto,
- Jian Yu, MD, FRCPC, FACNM, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia
Selection of SNMMI Fellows is based on documented excellence of volunteer service to the society and at least one of the additional three areas: excellence in scientific discovery and innovation, educational efforts in nuclear medicine and molecular imaging, or clinical practice of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. SNMMI Fellowship is recognized with the designation FSNMMI.