Nine medical imaging associations—American College of Radiology, American Society of Radiologic Technologists, Association for Medical Imaging Management, Association for Quality Imaging, Center for Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance, Radiology Business Management Association, Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging—have joined together to send a letter to congressional leaders advocating for healthcare workers. The letter makes several specific requests:
- Provide additional direct, focused financial support to physician and non-physician practices and their management partners, hospitals, and ASCs across the health care delivery system.
- Waive budget neutrality for the Medicare payment changes for evaluation and management (E/M) services that are slated to be implemented on January 1, 2021.
- Support all essential medical imaging and radiology workers, including sonographers, radiation therapists, nuclear medicine, and radiologic technologists, by providing HEROES/hazard pay.
- Reduce liability for health care workers and emergency responders in this crisis.
- Temporarily waive prior authorizations during pandemic/state of emergency.
- Delay appropriate use criteria (AUC).
Read the full text of the letter.